Monday, July 30, 2012

The Star Wars Chronology Project: Three Years Later

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." – Albert Einstein.

It’s been three years since I’ve started my quest, and as I said a year ago, having a goal has made my life better.  Having this goal has made me happier.  Einstein’s quote speaks to me.  It seems true.
My only regret this year has been that damn World of Warcraft game.  I’m upset it stole three months from me.  World of Warcraft was the siren to my Odysseus.  I may not have been tremendously further along in my quest had I not been distracted by it, but I would have at least been a few steps closer to Darth Plagueis. 

I’m no longer going to make any predictions about when I’ll complete this project.  Last year I said it might be eight years, but the length of time doesn’t matter.  I’m enjoying what I’m doing and the length of time for me to complete this has become irrelevant. 
Though I’m not going to make any more predictions about my progress over the coming year, I really do hope I can get to The Clone Wars material, it’s an aspect of Star Wars lore I’m really enjoying, and I want to add my own thoughts and comments to what is going on.

As it is, my thanks still go out to you, my reader, for being with me along my journey.  Your thoughts and feedback are what make this project worthwhile.  The conversations we've had, and hopefully will continue to have, are the best part of this quest.
On a personal note, my wife and I are expecting our third child in January, so if the quantity of what I publish is diminished in the New Year, it’ll be with good reason.

Thank you all for being a part of my journey, and in doing so, being a part of my life.
Here’s to the continued quest!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed my goal of working through the EU chronologically, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've enjoyed you journeying with me!

    ReplyDelete