Monday, April 8, 2013

32 BBY: Anakin Skywalker & Jar Jar Binks


Continuing with my trend of examining Star Wars children’s books, I have before me Kerry Milliron’s Anakin Skywalker and Jar Jar Binks.  I managed to pick-up these two books for a buck at the annual city wide book sale a few Octobers ago.  No amazon for me this time.
Like most children’s material there is not much to say.  Ken Steacy’s illustrations were neat enough; the only notable thing to comment on is Jar Jar’s truly heroic pose on the last page of his book.  He’s riding a Kaduu armed with a shock staff and fearlessly riding down battle droids- not the Jar Jar we’re familiar with at all.

For my next post I’m going to look at the Star Wars annuals dealing with The Phantom Menace material.  I know I said I was going to do it this post, but upon looking at my post Handling 32 BBY I realized I missed this stuff.  Anyway, until then my friends, may the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment