Monday, October 22, 2012

32 BBY: Episode I storybooks: Watch out Jar Jar!/ I Am a Jedi / I Am a Droid/ I Am a Pilot/ I Am a Queen


Like a lot of the children’s material I’m looking at for my PhD in Star Wars-ology, the pre-school books Watch out Jar Jar, I Am a Jedi, I Am a Droid, I Am a Pilot, and I Am a Queen are fairly insignificant bits of text in the grand scheme of my plan.
Beyond a neat cross section of a lightsaber, and a photo of Darth Sidious where you can actually see his eyes in I am a Jedi, and  a picture of Queen Amidala’s Royal Advisory Council  in I am a Queen, where we are presented with the  names and titles of her advisors, like Graf Zapalo, Master of Sciences, these books are forgettable.

There was a lovable looking droid in I am A droid named Rolo that reminded me of WALL-E (I wonder if Rolo played some inspiration in the creation of that Disney character?), but otherwise the other two books held nothing of importance.

As it is, I’m moving on to Podracing Tales next, then on to a few video games which I’m looking forward to.  I’m still here, just bogged down in teacher stuff.  Until then my friends, may the Force be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I was never a fan of Podracing Tales, but compared to the children's adaptations you've been reading it should be a nice change. :)

    ReplyDelete