Sunday, January 9, 2011

44 BBY: Star Wars Tales Volume 4: The Secret of Tet-Ami


One of the aspects I like about Star Wars over Star Trek is the absence of time-travel (among other things).

Time-travel always irritated me in Star Trek, because I always wondered if I was watching the most interesting reality the universe of Star Trek had to offer.

I remember watching an episode where the Enterprise had entered some space-time continuum and came into contact with a bunch of other Enterprises from different timelines. One of them was captained by Riker, and was a super-militarized version of the Enterprise due to its constant war with the Klingons. I don’t remember the details of the episode, but I remember my reaction to that scene; I felt ripped-off, like I had been watching the pansy version of The Next Generation for years, when all the while there was this alternate reality where the Federation was at war with the Klingon Empire. I was like ‘what the hell?!? Why aren’t we watching THAT reality?!?...it’s looks Waaaaay more interesting!’ From that point on all time-travel episodes ticked me off, because I just wasn’t convinced was watching the coolest version of the Star Trek universe.

In the Secret of Tet Ami, we have our second story where time travel has infected the Star Wars universe (the first being Crosscurrent). I hate time travel stories. They bother me.

Anyway, Mace Windu manages to close a time paradox he himself created thousands of years in the past (he stilled killed a bunch of things in this story, so don’t worry about that). The punch line of the narrative being Yoda’s comment that a Jedi must always finish what he starts.
Hopefully this is the last time travel story.

For my next post I’m going to take on the story The Rising Force, which is the first book of the Jedi Apprentice series. I’ve ordered all 20 books and they should be arriving in the post this week. With regards to Red Harvest, I have it on hold at my local library (they have yet to get it in from order), and when I get my hands on it and read it I’ll do a quick write-up. Until then my friends, may the Force be with you.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, but there are a couple of other time travel stories. Thankfully, they are fairly obscure, so no major storylines depend on them.
    On a different note, while you're waiting for the Jedi Apprentice series, you could hit two entries in Jedi vs. Sith:
    pages 134-135 (53 BBY)
    pages 69-79 (sometime prior to 44 BBY)

    ReplyDelete